Hundreds and Thousands of Poets have been there in the history which had coined many great materials to entertain us. We have had many stories and poem and still we engage ourselves to read some novels,stories and poems.If I manifest my views I have always loved to read anything written in English. People gets obsessed for different things and sometimes for languages.
Personally I am obsessed and passionate for this language English. And if we talk about English, how can anyone forget the greatest writer and pioneer of English Language? Yes, The person I had admired most and not only me, the world is thankful and indebted to this man who has contributed to English Literature in a way that perhaps no one could be able to do in the history ever again .Today also, his work is said to influence English language in a way which no other poet was able to do . Inevitably, his passion and love towards English language has made him to being called the world greatest writer of all time. He had a real flair for this language.
Today, I will let you dive into the world of William Shakespeare and will make you aware with some interesting facts about him. Let’s explore them one by one.
- William Shakespeare was an English poet, actor and playwright. He is known to be the world’s greatest writer of all time who brought an immense revolution in English Language. He is also known as the national poet of England.
2. He is the one of the person in the world who was born and died on the same day. He was born on 23rd April, 1564 and died at the age of 52 on 23rd April, 1616 in Warwickshire, England.
3. At the age of 18 he married Anne Hathaway, an older woman who was 3 months pregnant at that time. William’s parents and children were illiterate and never was qualified in anything.
4. He wrote 38 plays and 154 sonnets. His greatest plays includes Hamlet, King Lear, Othello, Macbeth and Romeo and Juliet. Among all the work William did lifetime, its weird to know that he used the word”America” just once.
5.Scientists found cannabis (type of drug) on the pipes found in William’s garden which he consumed probably in his cigar.
6. The names of Uranus’s moons were named after the characters from the work of William Shakespeare.
7. William never spelled and wrote one spelling of his surname. We have 6 different signatures with different spelling of the word Shakespeare including Shakespeare, Shaksper,Shakspeare. The right spelling is still not known to anyone in spite of many discussion that happened regarding the right spelling and pronunciation of his last name.
8. Before Shakespeare’s work, English language had many flaws with no official exposure and status to the world. Shakespeare’s contribution to English language resulted to make first English Dictionary in the world.
9. Shakespeare invented approx 1700 words in English language which varies to 2900. The letter “u” as an abbreviation for the word “you” which we generally use today was first used by Shakespeare
10. It is said that at the time of his death, William had put a curse that no one would ever dare to move his bones. He wrote few lines by himself to curse his own grave which are shown below.
11. William’s signature worth $5 US million dollar.
12. There is no information about what Shakespeare did between 1585 and 1592.